Ways on How to Quickly Get Your Health Back After Getting Caught in a Bicycle Accident
Riding a bicycle gives you that rare blend of freeing yourself from the confines of some metal box, keeping yourself fit, and not contributing to both traffic jams and air pollution all at the same time. It’s not surprising then that bicycling to work has gotten popular as of recent years, most especially in densely populated urban areas. However, the openness of a bicycle also makes you more prone to being a victim of an accident that can prevent you from riding it for life. If you’ve been caught in a bicycle accident and are currently recuperating, here are some ways to quickly get your health back so that you can ride your bicycle once again:
- Go easy on yourself whenever cleaning any road rash that you sustained.
There’s a persistent myth surrounding road rash that falsely convinces sufferers that they have to scrub it given that every road out there isn’t exactly clean.
- However, you wouldn’t want to howl in pain while doing that and end up going to a hospital to have your bicycle accident-related wounds treated.
- Instead, you should gently clean all your road rash with soap and a damp cloth, and then apply an iodine solution and a fresh gauze pad as needed.
- Try to get enough sleep even with your bicycle accident-related injuries.
Lying down in bed with wounds and broken bones can be too much of a challenge for you, but you’ll need to give your body some rest so that you can recover from all your bicycle accident-related injuries faster.
- After you’ve had yourself treated by a doctor, they may have given you painkiller medication to ease any discomfort.
- You should take your painkillers at least an hour before going to sleep so that you can already feel its pain-soothing effects once you lie down in bed.
- Consider using active relaxation techniques whenever you have to deal with the psychological trauma that your bicycle accident gave you.
More than physical injuries, the bicycle accident that you got caught in may have also inflicted psychological trauma in you to the point where you might decide to give up on riding your bike for good out of fear that the next accident that might happen to you can get you killed.
- Whether you want to do it all by yourself or with the help of a therapist, active relaxation can get rid of the anxiety that you may begin to feel at the mere sight of your bicycle after getting caught in an accident while riding it.
- Some active relaxation techniques available at your disposal are progressive muscle relaxation, MBSR or mindfulness-based stress reduction, and autosuggestion.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had reported in their official website that in 2015, more than 460,000 bicyclists in the United States got injured after becoming involved in an accident. You wouldn’t want to be part of that statistic at all, especially as all you want is to ride your bicycle unharmed whatever your reason may be for doing so. However, accidents happen when you least expect them. After getting yourself caught in a bicycle accident, you’ll want to follow the above-listed ways on how to quickly get your health back and contact an attorney as well so that you can get justly compensated for the injuries that you received as a result of the incident.